Friday, February 15, 2013

Aprons for Art Camp

I'm so excited to be going to Terri Brush's Spring Art Camp! My friend Tina from Patina Marie twisted my arm to go...at least that's what I'm telling my hubby! Truth is, I may have twisted hers just a little! :)

I thought it would be fun to have an apron to wear while at camp. So I headed to the thrift stores looking for half price bargains to make my apron with. And, of course, I found several options and since I couldn't make up my mind as to which choices I liked best, I bought them all!! Why have just one apron when I could have one for each day of camp?!

I'll call this one my prairie apron because Tina said
it looks like I should be running through the tall grass.

 
I'm calling this one my French maid apron
because of the black and white.
Hubby said I need a feather duster and
that the apron is way too long! heehee...


The prairie apron began as a pair of denim overall shorts, 
and two cotton skirts. Total price $7.50.



 The French apron began as a blouse and a skirt. Total price $5.00.

 


A third apron is in progress and I may even make a fourth one!

I will be posting a tutorial for each apron soon, so be sure to check back if you'd like to see how I made them.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, you are a lucky girl!
    I am hoping and planning to go to Terri's Art Camp in the fall.
    I am taking Terri's class in March here in San Diego...and can't wait to meet her.
    You are going to have so much fun!
    Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO cute...love how you transformed the pieces! The art camp sounds FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love them both! I'm glad to see the sewing machine come out of retirement! I have a whole closet full of skirts and blouses waiting to be turned into aprons. I bought them up when Value Village used to have 99¢ days...oh the good ol' days! The plan was to make them and sell them on Etsy. Maybe someday! Have fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable - love them both. but I wouldn't want to wear them for fear I may mess them up! Will I be seeing them in stampington's apron•ology? : )

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy